Saturday 24 January 2009

Week 19: Oh bring back my pony to me

“Mum, we’re doing a new song at jugendchor and it’s from England.”

“How lovely darling, you’ll be able to help them with that then won’t you. What’s it called ?”

“My pony lies over the ocean.”

(sounds of tea being spat all over the computer followed by choked laughter)

“I think they may have got muddled up with how you pronounce Bonnie, darling. Perhaps you could help them with that ? It’s a very well known song, but the name of it is My Bonnie lies over the ocean”.

“No, no, it’s definitely pony, Mum”.

“No, it’s not, trust me, it’s definitely Bonnie.”

(this continues for a while and then I give up)

Nothing exciting, interesting or tedious to report this week. A normal week: well, as normal as it gets in our household, anyway.

No comments: