Saturday 4 October 2008

Week 7 - Friday

J is so tired that this last morning is a real struggle. He looks shattered, poor lamb. He remembers another test he’d forgotten to tell me about and I shriek at him along the lines of “not another one ! That’s why you’ve got your desk, with your calendar !” But it’s times tables, so we run through the ones he needed to revise, and off he goes.

It's now fairly cold and threatening rain. Obviously we are used to this, this is normal summer weather in Manchester. C goes in late - I've got the hang of this bit now - wearing shorts. It's 9 degrees and he won't be reasoned with. They come home for lunch, the temperature has reduced to 6 degrees - and it's now hailing hailstones the size of grapes. Shorts ! Should I suggest he paints himself with woad ?

A normal day with no incidents to note other than that both of the children have been sent home with a sum total of one piece of homework for the holidays. So that’s great – they can both have a real rest.

And so will I. See you in a fortnight, and haben-sie eine schon ferien (OK I know that’s wrong but you get my gist)

Ciao

K

No comments: